Two days consultation meeting was held at GOBSOOR Hotel, Garowe on 4th – 5th January,2018. The meeting was attended by 25 members from different regions of Puntland regions including Senior officer from Puntland Ministry of Interior (MoI), Different sectors of the Civil Society Organization and experts. After recitation of Quran verse, PUNSAA Executive Director explained the Objectives of this consultation meeting and welcome the participants. He also emphasized the importance of this consultation by stressing that the results of this consultation would help to the government, stakeholders and community which may provide better solutions to some of the important questions frequently rose relating to the border demarcation.
The Agendas of the meeting were to:
- Know the Puntland districts and regions borders situation
- Comprehend the existing problems and recommend solutions to address those problems
- Set the Possible solutions for Puntland Districts/Regions border disputes
- Recommend to establish an Independent Puntland level committee on regional and districts border disputes
- Share the participants for PUNSAA conducted research on Puntland border demarcation.
- Production of Statement on Puntland Border Demarcation from the participants.
At the end of the consultation meeting, it is expected to:
- get clear borders between districts and regions of Puntland before the election of 2019
PUNSAA Chairman, Director General of Puntland Ministry of Interior and the Deputy Minister of Puntland Ministry of Interior were officially opened the meeting/discussion and an eagerly asked the participants to show an active participation through all sessions of the two days consultation meeting and present their views and concerns.
The meeting went well and ended with success. The chairperson of the IG TWG (Ms Faduma Dirie) and PUNSAA Executive Director thanked to the participants for their excellent participation in this consultation meeting. All the participants were satisfied the outcome of the meeting.
Two day consultation meeting was held at Jubba Hotel, Bossaso on 26th – 27th 2016. The meeting was attended by 40 members composing governors, districts mayors and experts elders from Bari, Haylan, Sanag and Gardafu regions. After recitation of Quran verse, Governor of Sanag region and Deputy Governor of Bari region opened the consultation meeting by welcoming participants and also emphasized the importance of this consultation by stressing that the results of this consultation would help to the government, stakeholders and community which may provide better solutions to some of the important questions frequently rose relating to the border demarcation.
here is the full report you can read here